Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boyfriend's Boyfriend


I don't think you guys know who boyfriend are that well. They are a new six member group that debuted recently in May. They are all very pretty, but you guys need to know that there are twins in the group. 


I’m going to try and match names to faces. From left to right I believe they are Jungmin, Kwangmin, Minwoo, Youngmin, Donghyun, Hyunsung. Let’s just assume I am right.

Clearly the twins are Kwangmin and Youngmin, the blond being the older one by six minutes evidently. Introductions out of the way.

Here is Boyfriend’s Boyfriend



MUSIC VIDEO
I had originally seen the video when it came out and then a few hours ago when I was trying to get their names down, said screw it, then watched the first part of an episode about them on Mnet. So I had seen it twice before doing this.


My first initial reaction was that everyone must have had plastic surgery because their eyes were way too freaking big and they all looked very similar to me in just that brief… first hearing of song moment. Watching it again earlier I noticed that Donghyun’s eyes do look different, but I wouldn’t doubt surgery from him either. I don’t care, but god damn they are beautiful.

Alright, so the video starts off with one of the members, Minwoo I believe, and his eyes make him look like a lost puppy, begging to be taken home and loved. His teeth are pretty freaking amazing. But this white on white (white clothes white background) is not doing well, it washes everyone out. Then Youngmin, Kwangmin, and Jungmin are introduced in face shots as well. No one cares about Donghyun or Hyunsung to give them a close up.

Are they in a store? Or a garage, a secret hideout? There is the sign boyfriend on the wall, big, bold letters. If you think about that from a logical standing, this makes them really seem gay. Just being called boyfriend, having a sort of clubhouse called boyfriend, even this Boyfriend’s boyfriend comes off very wrong. They did not choose the right name for their group.

The items in this place- a bunch of hedge trimmer things, a bicycle wheel, a fan, radio stuff, some record, cleaning supplies, A DETOUR SIGN, an EXIT ONLY sign, a bunch of license plates (one of them says MAFIA other says OUTATIME), recorder, scene cut clacker object, clock, lights, wagon, and six adorable guys. We’re going to assume this is a garage clubhouse thing. Since they are riding bikes around and playing with sports balls.

Oh my gosh this is so cheesy. Who is that? Minwoo looks at the customized BOYFRIEND calendar and notices that somebody has a birthday coming up and stresses out. The acting is so cute and cheesy. (0:27) The calendar actually has some significance. The date of the birthday is May 26th, and Boyfriend debuted on May 26th. Good job guys, that was pro.

Whose garage has an exit sign in it?

I don’t even want to comment on this dancing. Like walking in a line, let’s block the other members, I’m prettiest. There is this cute little wave, and go “eh- eh- eh- eh,” making baby like motions and they look and sound like babies!

So these six guys come together and get out their recording equipment , turn it on, and record their song BOYFRIEND for this person. What good friends to do that for the Minwoo! But Minwoo should have remembered his boyfriend’s birthday earlier! Write LOVE YA or something on the CD and it is ready to go! Now we can enjoy a wonderful video of dancing. They use the garage to practice dancing right? They are an extreme dance crew right? Back flips, popping, locking, hip hop, hand stand… that is the extent of my dancing knowledge for crews.

No seriously, the dance at 1:00 reminds me of babies. Maybe someone saying “Oh, that baby is so cute, I want one too!” Doing a shuffle from side to side.

Then Minwoo and Donghyun kidnap Kwangmin (1:06). “Come on, you are the best at hotwiring your dad’s car. Youngmin is too innocent to do it.”

Oh, I’m kidding, they walked, or they rode bikes, because those are the same bikes as in the garage.

All the guys arrive at the house, give gift, mass orgy?

Fuck it, I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment